Monday, 25 May 2015

How Sheldon Came to become my God

So, today I am going to talk about the works of Sheldon and how stupid big a fan I am of his works. He is the master of suspense and thriller for me. I don’t care how much people hate on me for saying this but I absolutely HAVE to stand by that because... I mean, have you guys read his books? They are... exceptionally well-written.
You see, the first book that I read of his was “Are you afraid of the dark?” It was almost five years back and I had originally borrowed it from an uncle because I thought it must have been a ghost story. You know, I was anticipating a lot of thrill and everything. It wasn’t what I had expected. It was much MUCH more than I had planned for. It was the best mistake of my life.
You see, Sheldon has a... well, peculiarly organized way of writing. I’d read somewhere that a writer defines one who can bring out your inner and deepest secrets and spread them out right before you with a smug face. That’s the expression I think Sheldon wore, sitting upstairs, when I was reading his first book with my eyes bulging out at every turn in the book.
I think his strongest aspect is that while he doesn’t spin fairy tales around his story, the happenings in his stories are quite exceptional. And his knowledge about the stuff... DAYUM! I mean, in every one of his novels he has discussed a separate kind of profession and with every book I have wanted to pursue the profession portrayed in the book. He got me thinking about my life! I was the stupidest kid in class when I had come across him. Bullying me was like eating. You do it even though you’re not hungry. But there was something about what he wrote that radiated power. His works spoke to me, to be honest. Everything he wrote, everything he portrayed... it was like telling me “see there? That’s how strong people unlike you are”. I think that was when the major transformation took place in my life. I became who I am now and I am not very disappointed with what I am at the moment.
Now, can we get to the part where he is called the God of twist?
Yeah, you see, in my life, I have read several books. Several. But nothing caught me off-guard like the twists he provided in his books. I mean, there isn’t ONE book where you can expect the twist. It’s like, you know there is a twist but you are going to spend the entire time reading the book while biting your nails till there is no nail left to bite and even then, you will be shocked at how he presents the twist.
There is this secret that makes me look very dumb but I am going to share it any way. You see, when I first came across his name, I had thought it was a woman. I read half of his books thinking that this was a very powerful and wilful woman before I googled “her” and it turns out, the name was a twist in itself. The entire being of the man practically screams “I am the master of twist”.
However, it is a shame to know that there are people who don’t find his works as interesting as I find them. I mean, figures. Right? I learned it the hard way to be honest. See, my ex-boyfriend, he didn’t like his tales ALL that much. I mean, when he told me this, I went pretty rigid, so he maintained that they were good and everything, but deep deep down, I think he just didn’t want to hurt me with that again.
There was also this teacher who, when I told him that I LOVED Sheldon, smiled and said: “It’s good and well that you like Sheldon but do good to keep it a secret from others”.
I mean... what?!
I hadn’t been more shocked in my life. He said that all Sheldon depends upon is power and sex!! While I couldn’t quite overrule that, I HAVE to say, Sheldon pursues a lot more than that knucklehead of a teacher could ever follow. He tells us about stories that are possibly impossible.
So, there’s the thing. I love that man. Damn, I would be ready to turn to the dark side to have one interview with him, but he is probably happy upstairs and wouldn’t want to be called back down here. But I sure as hell would have loved to read more of his works. But.. Well.. He’s dead, and I have come to terms with it.
I’ll write elaborately about each of his works but we’ll come to that later, yeah?


No comments:

Post a Comment